TERMS OF REFERENCE
A group of patients and practice staff who meet together for the benefit of the practice and its patients.
Terms of Reference
- To act as a representative group of patients to inform and influence the management of the practice
- To provide a focus for patients to channel ideas and suggestions regarding service and health care
- To organise health events and projects to educate and benefit specific groups of patients
- To improve communication between the practice and the patient population
- To collect, collate, discuss and disseminate survey information to and from the wider practice population.
- To act as a representative group to influence the local provision of health and social care.
Patient Participation Group Membership
- Membership of the PPG shall be open to all patients from within the practice
- Meetings of the PPG will be held approximately every 6 weeks.
- The practice manager or her deputy will be in attendance.
- A quorum will comprise 3 members plus at least 1 member of staff.
- Minutes of the meeting will be taken by the Practice Manager and circulated to all group members.
Any patient may volunteer to be a Virtual PPG Member and there will be no limit on the number of patients in this group. Members in this group will be contacted on-line and will be asked to respond to a number of surveys each year. Virtual members will be offered the opportunity to help with projects and will be kept informed of all meeting decisions via the Practice Website.
Members must respect patient and practice confidentiality. The group will not be expected to act as a focus of complaints from patients (these will be dealt with by the Practice Manager).
Patients will be able to contact the PPG members by:-
· Placing message in the suggestion box at Reception
· Writing to the group at the practice address
· Emailing the practice
The PPG will produce a regular newsletter
The PPG will have a dedicated area of the notice board in the Patient Information Area and will post regular updates on the waiting room TV screens.
PPG responses to suggestions from the patients will be displayed on the notice board, in the newsletter and on the waiting room TV screens as appropriate.