Venue: Bridgwater College Health Advisors Room
Time: Tuesday and Thursdays 12.30 - 2 pm.
Now in its 14th year of operation, the Needadoc Young Person's Drop-in Clinic is held weekly at Bridgwater College. Hosted by two of our experienced practice nurses, working in close partnership with Bridgwater College's Health Advisors, she is able to offer students instant advice, support and solutions to a comprehensive range of health and social problems which include:-
- Family planning services, including the prescription of oral contraception, provision of condoms, pregnancy testing and emergency contraception.
- Investigation for sexually transmitted infections (STIs) - swabs, treatment and referral*
- Drug and alcohol advice, support, treatment and referral
- Advice and support with general health issues such as smoking, diet, asthma, diabetes etc.
- Signposting service to other health services and organisations, including counselling.
*Bridgwater College is a registered Chlamydia Treatment Centre.