Online Prescription Requests
WE ARE NOW OPERATING OUR NEW AND IMPROVED PATIENT ACCESS SERVICE which combines patient access to online prescription ordering, booking GP appointments and accessing your summary care medical record.
YOU WILL NEED TO REGISTER WITH THE NEW SERVICE IN ORDER TO ENABLE YOU TO CONTINUE TO ORDER REPEAT PRESCRIPTIONS ONLINE.
Repeat prescriptions can be obtained in the following ways. We do however ask patients to allow 2 WORKING DAYS in order for us to process your request.
Request at Reception or by Post
Repeat prescriptions can be requested using forms available in reception and then dropping the form in to reception, or simply by posting the slip that comes with your prescription giving your medication details, requests can also be sent via Royal Mail.
Repeat prescriptions can be obtained by telephoning the practice AFTER 2 PM on 01278 454560. Patients should ensure that they have their medication details to hand before ringing.
The local chemist will ask you to pay for your medicines unless you are exempt from prescription charges. You are entitled to free prescriptions on the NHS if:
- you are 60 years of age or older
- you are under 16 years old or under 19 years old in full time education
- you are on low income, income support or family credit
- you have a partner who gets Pension Credit guarantee credit (PCGC)
- you are a pregnant woman or have had a baby in the last 12 months
- you suffer from certain chronic conditions – please seek advice – or hold other exemption certificates
- you have been prescribed a free-of-charge contraceptive
- you are undergoing treatment for cancer, the effects of cancer, or the effects of cancer treatment (NEW: from 1st April 2009).
If you need several regular prescriptions, but cannot get them free, you may save money be buying a 'Season Ticket'. Please ask our receptionist for leaflet FP95, which will give you further information about this.