Outside of surgery opening hours (6,30 pm - 8 am) , weekends and bank holidays, urgent medical care is provided by NHS 111.
Please do not ask to see a doctor out of hours unless you genuinely cannot wait until the surgery re-opens
Out of hours cover does not deal with the following:
- Advice and prescriptions for coughs and colds, head lice and threadworms
- Prescriptions for medicines that can be bought at the chemist
- Repeat prescriptions
- Second opinions on problems being dealt with by your doctor
- Accidents and injuries which should be seen in Accident and emergency departments at your nearest general hospital
- Problems that can wait until your surgery is open
For advice, NHS 111, is available 24 hours a day on: 111.